These consortium meetings are a great opportunity to get plugged into the green and healthy schools network in the Milwaukee-area. If you are a seasoned Green Team veteran or are just interested in hearing what grants and support are available for schools, the GSCM meeting is the perfect opportunity to get involved.
Bi-monthly meeting - open to all that are interested - to discuss green school resources and opportunities in the Milwaukee-area.
This meeting will focus on the upcoming Conceptual Schoolyard Redevelopment Grants and will review the grant applications and offer an opportunity for questions. The meeting will also serve as an opportunity for others to share green school resources available. The meeting will end with a tour of Highland Community School's recently planted ~6,000 native plants, bioswales, greenhouses, outdoor classrooms, natural play equipment, and solar demonstration cart!
Save the Date! Our next Green Schools Conference for the Milwaukee-area will be held on June 15th 2017. We're still in the process of organizing the conference agenda, speakers, etc, so keep an eye out for email updates! In the interim, check out the conference materials from last year's 1st annual event:
If you have any questions or would like to participate in the conference planning, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our next bi-monthly GSCM meeting will be on Thursday, May 18th at 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm at Parkside School for the Arts (2969 S. Howell Ave., Milwaukee WI) - the meeting is open for all that are interested in sharing green school resources, opportunities, ideas etc.
Our next bi-monthly GSCM meeting will be on Thursday, March 30th at 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm at Arts @ Large (908 S. 5th Street, Milwaukee WI) - the meeting is open for all that are interested in sharing green school resources, opportunities, ideas etc.
- Update on the planning status of the 2nd Annual Green Schools Conference - early registration, save the dates, conference themes, exhibitors, speakers, costs, etc.
- Update regarding the Rotary's Green Schools Program proposal that was discussed last time and supported by several GSCM organizations. See the proposal and letters of support here.
- Hear from Susan Schuller on the status of Statewide green school effortsthrough the Green and Healthy Schools Wisconsin (GHSW)
- Learn about current/upcoming Milwaukee-area green school resources:
- ECO's School Energy Audits
- MMSD's Earth Day Water Journey (see below)
- any other resources that attendees would like to share!
Briefly review the current status of the GSCM - how far we've come in the past two years and where we're going
Discuss a grant proposal that Reflo is working on that would support green schools curriculum, research, and collaboration (up to $250,000 over 3 years!)
Take a sneak peak at a Google Earth mapping tool focused on schools and water projects
Review potential topics for the Green Schools Conference on June 15 2017
Discussion of other updates, resources, and opportunities for green schools in the Milwaukee-area (open to all those that want to share a quick shout out for a resource that they can share)
Following the meeting there will be a quick tour of the Tippecanoe Public Library and the green initiatives they have undertaken over the past few years